Monday, August 27, 2012

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth...

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, it's just been one heck of a summer. I found peace through a 200 hour yoga teacher training, which was life changing! One of the best parts was that Wonderful got to be the house wife-- I can say that after 2 1/2 weeks, he truly appreciates me now. I feel like every couple should do this, switch roles. As soon as I finished that, my mom treated me to a trip to Hawaii for a family reunion. I'm so lucky that she sent me because I would have never been able to afford such a luxurious trip on my own. Of course it was just me and the Wild Things. For 3 days, they were perfect angles and for the other 3... we're just lucky to have made it home in one piece. Let's just say, I'm never riding an airplane AGAIN! Once I unpacked my swim suit, it was time to start packing for the big move to the West Coast. So, I'm sitting here surrounded by boxes, the whole house in shambles, kids bouncing off the walls and Dexter needs to be right next to me at all times (he's almost the size of a horse now). I think the word I'm looking for is chaos. -- I'm escaping to the computer again. Theres a rule in the house now that when mommy is typing, no one is talking... I can dig that.

In other interesting news, we've been trying out veganism. We aren't 100% yet. I'm not going to lie, I still like meat, and the cravings seem to rear there ugly head about once a week. I really want to do a blog post about veganism, but I'm still in the research and development phase. One thing that I can conclude is that I feel amazing and I look amazing. I'm not in it for the animal rights, even though what slaughter and dairy farms is horrible, I'm doing it for the health reasons. We're veganizing the kids too. Twinkle Toes has transitioned wonderfully, but Wild Thing is on a veggie strike, he'll only eat bread. I guess he's finally hit the age where veggies are gross. I'll keep trying. Since going vegan we had to get rid of the chickens. We had a non vegan friend who was more than happy to take care of them, and he's doing a great job!

I'm looking forward to getting moved and unpacked. I've got some projects in my head for redecorating the new place and I can't wait to blog about them all. I'm always so happy that people are reading my blog and it makes me feel so important. Thank you to everyone reading, much love to all of you! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment