Monday, April 23, 2012

Day 3 - Manipulation

Personal: I've got a few non-kid related issues to vent about, so let's get it over with.
  • The Chicks have taken over my kitchen and they smell. I tried to give them a bath but the water ran right off their feathers. They've got one more week inside and then I'm kicking them outside, I don't care what the temperature is.
  • My mom will be here tomorrow and the house needs to be cleaned. Mr. Wonderful is napping and I'm blogging to avoid the work. Genius...
  • I've been 5 pounds away from my pre-baby weight for a month now and I can't get rid of it -- I'm not so concerned about the number as I am about being an inch away from fitting in my clothes. I feel great, I look great... it's the yoga pants. I'm tired of the yoga pants!
  • I've been having this irrational fear that someone will abduct the Wild Thing out of his room in the middle of the night. But the more I think about it, he'll likely drive them nuts and they'll  return him and beg us to take him back. Just to be safe, maybe we should put a bell on the door.
Day 3:
Kids are manipulative. How they learn this at such an early age is beyond me. Wild Thing knows that TV is off limits by now. So, this morning he crawls into bed with me, gets under the covers, snuggles reaaaaal close, gives me a kiss and says, "Mommy? I have an idea." -- I have an idea is his new code for I want because I want is no longer permitted. -- What?, "How about I watch Curious George on your iPhone?", Remember, I said no more TV or movies?, "Yes, but your iPhone isn't a TV.". It was a cute attempt, but I didn't let him get away with it. We're still going strong!

Wild Thing actually put himself down for a nap at 11a. WOW! Having the kids co-sleep in the same room has been working out really well. We've been doing it since Twinkle Toes turned 6 months and I totally expected it to be a disaster. They don't keep each other up and when they are both awake, they entertain each other. It's pretty cute to watch from the baby monitor. Twinkle Toes thinks her brother is hilarious! They get along great!

**Update: Things are going great. Really REALLY great! The house is so much more manageable. When everyone woke up from their naps we all hard charged and cleaned the house. I assigned Wild Thing a bunch of helping tasks and he did fantastic. Afterwards, I treated everyone to our favorite Mexican Restaurant. -- I only wish I had worked with Wild Thing on something educational today. It's been raining outside and Wonderful and I have been walking zombies. There's been a couple of times that I've wanted to plug in a movie and veg out on the couch. *Stayin' strong*

No comments:

Post a Comment